PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thread Closed
Thread: Thread Closed
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2001, 00:18
Sick Squid

Unhappy

Well, speaking as one of the "Gang-of-Four" in green at the top of R and N, there is some good constructive debate in this one, in between the comparisons to despots.

I'll try my best to provide a link to any thread moved in the future, something I already try to do when closing down a duplicate (in that case, a link to the original, particularly if it has vanished back a few pages.) I say try because it takes time, something I for one don't always have an abundance of. But where I can do it, I will endeavour to do it from now on for those threads I choose to move. Fair?

Everyone else has a part to play in this too, so please help US out by only posting bonafide rumours or news concerning the "Professional" aviation world to this the headline site. If it's a question, put it in Questions; if it's a plea for help with training or 'sussing' out a potential employer, then Wannabes, Terms and Endearment, or the appropriate regional forum may be the best bet etc, etc, etc.

It would be preferable to have a system like the one suggested where either a link was auto-created, either from the closed thread or the front page of the board. Indeed, I asked a while back if such a facility existed to allow a new duplicate thread with responses to be absorbed into the body of an existing one. Unfortunately, it would take some seriously deep scripting in the bowels of the UBB program itself (so I'm told!) so is not viable at the moment. The idea of a "moved" icon is excellent, and will certainly go on the wishlist.

All criticism good or bad accepted, and will be acted upon where possible (time permitting.) This is the finest site for aviation bar none, and would be nothing without the wide and varied contributions from all corners of the globe.

Now, I'm closing this one down....

......only joking, no I'm not!

Sick Squid
Rumours and News Moderator

(Typing this in a ten-minute break between A320 Electrical Abnormal Operation A and Abnormal Operation B. Back to the conversion course now.....after editing the spelling mistakes!)

[This message has been edited by Sick Squid (edited 18 June 2001).]