PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Air Training
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2006, 08:54
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boing7117
The point I'm trying to make here is that you don't come onto a forum like this and have a whinge because things aint working out for you. Surely - if there's so many folk unhappy with the way they are being treated then they should make a stand and get something done about it.
It's not difficult to approach whoever is in charge in a professional and diplomatic manner and raise the issues they feel need addressing.
By Bishop84 coming on this forum and representing his equally-disappointed colleagues shows immaturity. Personally I get the impression that Bishop84 is used to being spoonfed rather than taking the 'bull by the horns' and sorting stuff out.
This is clearly an internal OAT issue and he shouldn't be so quick to fire his comments at the rest of us (-especially those looking to go to OAT in the near future! (like me!))
I'm less concerned now about the service that OAT offer - but more worried about the type of people they're letting on the scheme!
Bolleaux! This is an entirely appropriate place to air your problems and disappointments with the organisation you are paying for your training. You can be damn sure that OAT reads this forum, and will hate the fact that inadequacies in their organisation are being made public, because such revelations will affect their bottom line!

Neither Oxford nor any other school are doing you a favour by training you. You have paid a huge amount of money for your training, and you deserve treatment in accordance with that expenditure. If you give anyone £60,000 for anything, you should expect absolutely perfect service, and you are entitled to shout it from the rafters if you don't get it. That way, something will get done!

Originally Posted by therapist
The 'sales' team at Oxford are impressive in that they make no false promises of employment but they definitely do help graduates to find work and that marks the difference in my opinion with the other schools. Oxford seeks and achieves excellence. Cabair is not in the same league and CTC is playing at it. Jerez is good but has made little investment in its extra facilities.
That is as big a load of rubbish as I've read on these forums in some years. CTC playing at it? You really have a very strange idea of what's going on in this industry!

Scroggs