PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whose Stupid Idea Was this??
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2006, 22:04
fightingchickenplumb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey thought i would stick my humble opinion in seen as am getting ready to start a swing shift at 12am tonight

firstly yes we should all RTFL , however at 4am when you are getting sleepy (and no amount of sleep during the day stops u feeling like you want to sleep) on potentially a cold wet dark pan, its a very easy mistake to make, and anyone who hasnt done a late night/early morning BF feel free to join me. I know there have been two incidents already on my squadron with cross contamination. Secondly we have been told it wasnt a safety feature to have round tins? well if it wasnt designed to be it should have been continued with for just that reason, maybe the MoD could have used the savings on the 3 inch of OM-15 unuasble (the OM15 risbridgers have a shorter pipe than OX26) in each can could have been used to have a contract to keep the tins round.even widely differing coloured tins say dayglo orange and BRIGHT green would be a idea , then it would be "in your face" . My idea is to put to POL cabinets at each end of the HAS annex, each painted diffrent colours, at least then the liney would need to make a concious decision to go to eaither one locker of the other.