PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS350 Astar/Squirrel
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2001, 07:43
helmet fire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Thanks for your response Nick. I should have clarified the G stall - what I was asking was: do you think the RBS we are talking about here was primarily induced by the G loading being experienced (as opposed to the retreating blade speed)?

your point about having the pilot executed by the machine design is well said, and I do not dispute, but I am curious as to where the limits of manuever harshness during testing are set. For example, you stated that you tested the s76 to two Gs with half the servos because you couldn't imagine anyone pulling to the stall with a servo failure. This is the point being made above - very few (none of the above so far) AS350 pilots can imagine pulling so hard as to experience jack stall, it is as you say: a manuever in which you mightlose your cookies! So if the Bell teetering head can get away with not being termed a design flaw because it can come off during gentle manuevering, and fixed wing stalling can too - jack stall is surely not a design flaw, or at least labelling it as such is a little harsh isnt it?