PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mango - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 6th Jun 2006, 07:02
saywhat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not gonna happen. Don't get alol excited.

If SAA tech has a 737 freighter in their workshop at the moment being converted, it's not for SAA. They got approval a while ago to convert 737's to freighters.

The MD11 is on wet lease from the USA, another 12 - Yea right dream on....

SAA low cost. Not yet out of the stable, let alone in the starting blocks. My bet is that it will never happen. The whole concept must be approved by the competitions board. SAA is allready into the state coffer to the tune of hundreds of millions, I cant see the competitions board allowing the State to fund more.

The fact that there are allready ex captains employed by SAA to start the thing, is just the way things happen there. They have no clue. This is not a private money making institution, it's a civilian airforce. There is, never was , and most probably never will be an inclination to make a profit, irrespective of what is publically said.

If there was a need to make money, the SAA formation team would not exist (each time they fly millions are squandered for the egos of a few), non profit routes would be axed, pipe dreams like LCC's would be shelved. A CEO would stay for more than 3 years, and actually have a plan, I could go on for a long time...