PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2006, 05:10
repapips

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To cessna1052

Thanks for your concern.
I hope you're doing fine as well wherever you may be. But you see, i was just replying to semper fi, as you can see from the title of my post. I'm not here to argue or discuss the merits/demerits of the strike. I just want him to know the real score about Filipino pilots since he sounded like he's not aware of the situation there in the Phils.
The strikers lost a lot because of the scabs: not only seniority, money, retirement, disability fund, jobs, etc but also friends, classmates, brothers & family. And they lost them fighting for principles but have kept their dignity intact as the years went by. No amount of discussion in pprune could ever compensate for this loss. I hope you find it in your good heart to give these guys credit where it is due. I just don't want people like semper fi (and maybe somebody else who doesn't know the situation) to think that all Filipino pilots (incl. the strikers) left and are leaving the Phils just because of money.
The strikers left because there was no other place to go and they have to work to feed their families. Some of them aren't even flying anymore and doing menial jobs somewhere just to make both ends meet.