PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC calls police to meet A/C because FO 'sounded drunk'
Old 5th Jun 2006, 12:20
Screwballs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But if there is no legislation to do it in private then is there any legislation forcing you to do it in public? And we are not talking about scene of an accident on a roadside, we are talking about pre-departure, in front of those who place a lot of trust in the pilots. I think this is where having a brain and allowing it to slip into gear every so often could be beneficial. What ever happened to innocent until proven otherwise? A pilot requesting a place of privacy, you refusing and he refusing the test and you then arresting him sounds a lot like judge, jury and wannabe executioner. How much time/hassle/money would be saved and professionalism maintained if the suspect was taken aside quietly and tested in private, found over/under the limit and then dealt with? I can imagine the pilot, if under the limit, thanking the cop for being understanding and for making it slightly more private - ie respect earned and shown.

IMHO your sort of attitude alienates members of the public and, unfortunately, has diminshed the respect I have for the police.