PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 4th Jun 2006, 12:18
9M-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by demandpump
Nice to see this thread come to life again!

I have that book too! A very interesting read on flying the 747. Recently I bought some of those cockpit videos by itvv. It gives quite a detailed look at some of the systems in the aircraft (A330, MD-11, concorde etc) and also how the crew operate. Got it from a shop at Sim Lim square.

9M-,
I have a pressing question. The 150hr PIC requirement for the AFI rating is only for PPL holders, right? What about CPL holders? Do they also need 150hrs PIC before being allowed to do the AFI course? If that's the case, then the CPL graduate (with only about 70-80 PIC hrs) would still need to fly some more to reach 150hrs before going for the AFI course. That would mean a lot more money would have to be spent on top of the CPL course just to qualify for entry to the AFI course? Can a CPL graduate go straight into the AFI course?

Also, just out of curiosity, how many flying hours have you accumulated over your years of flying?

Thanks guys, and keep the thread alive!
Now malaysia dont really have PPL holders afi course anymore. All requirement will have to be CPL/IR then can go for AFI course. Yes the 150 PIC time still applies. Flying hours i would say about 800+ in 10 months.