Thread: Good BA advice
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2002, 17:40
citrus200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Flyblue!

I totally disagree with you!

Looking at the diff between cabin and flight crew unions with regards to pay negotiations, BALPA worked very well towards trying to secure better pay for flight crew, pre sep 11th - this was all put on hold due to the problems BA is now facing!

I operate out of EOG where alas we dont have the mystical CSD, silver badged creature! however during October operated a few flights out of LHR ( shorthaul 737 ) on these flights had 1xCSD 2xPurser and 2X CCrew - surely this signifies the problems with BA - too many managers!!!!!. .I dont know if this is the norm but I can tell you the Crew when asked about allowances - earnt more than us!!!!!

When asked about this the response from the CSD was ` doesnt make up for the basic pay though does it` - WELL IT SHOULDNT HAVE TOO - WE GO THROUGH YEARS OF TRAINING TO GET WHERE WE ARE, IN ORDER TO FLY A HIGHLY COMPLEX PIECE OF MACHINERY SAFELY DAY IN DAY OUT, STUDYING A VAST AMOUNT OF SUBJECTS TOO ACHIEVE THIS!SO WE SHOULD EARN MORE!!!! You dont get all the waiters in the restaurant demanding to earn the same as the restaurant manager do you.......

I recommend in order to cut costs all LHR based crews should come onto an agreement such as what we have at LGW! ( both CC and FC) cut out some of the bull**** scheduling agreements - such as split duties not allowed - pull together and start to run things a tad more economically!!!

Whinge over!