PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R/T status in KL FIR
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2006, 23:24
imdragon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KUL ATIS DECODED

Background - the TX site in KUL, the range performance were tested and accepted as according to specs when it was commissioned way back in 1997’ and of-course with ‘aussy’ consultancy (competency is for you to interpret). During the KLIA pre-opening dialogues with MAS management flyers, its range was an issue with you guys brought up, but when told it was conformed to specs, your enthusiasm fizzled out. Maybe you should have kept pushing to impress on DCA for an upgrade, then maybe by now we would have had a couple repeaters strategically located to maximize and improve coverage.
But it is never too late. Is DCA convinced of its necessity? Is it your luxury wish list? Is there a safety implication here? What is the return on investment for the country? These are some of the questions hanging in the air. I have not heard specifically of any ATIS upgrade in the 9MP. This is Pprune, it good for it only. You have to officially present your case and justify the needs. This is the best route for any movement on a subject (radio transmission/reception and ATIS) that have that has a subject of comparison with Singapore since 30 years ago. Mid-term review of 9MP and prioritization may make your dream come true if it is a VVIP (very, very important piece) for safety. I do not think DCA is convinced on its status as a VVIP at the moment (they too have flyers) although you may have pockets of DCA sympathizers, I included.
Do you flyers use ACARS (at least the types equipped) to get wx reports from your dispatch/flight ops. Does ARINC or SITA billing structure involve costs every time you send/receive a packet of data?
Next: DECODED:KLIA departure jams at the at the holding point
Busy for now.
CHEERS TO ALL YOU GUYS OUT THERE WHO HAVE A CONSCIENCE IN DOING YOUR JOBS RIGHT!