PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whose Stupid Idea Was this??
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2006, 23:14
Kitbag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recall in the good ol' days that OX26, OX27 and OX38 all came in identical containers with only the label differentiating. Now most would say that is not a problem, except of course it is- these lubricants are all produced to seperate specifications for a damn good reason, but no contributor so far has acknowledged that. OX38 has more or less disappeared now I think due to its cost. The point is I recall working on a unit where all 3 where available. There were systems in place to prevent the misuse of one in place of another. Our tradesmen are professional. Let's give them the chance to be, they can read, segregation and labelling of risbridgers is possible as is effective tool control. Granted on Ops things may be strained, but I have to ask who is managing normal UK flying ops. Is pressure being self generated? Is anyone prepared to say 'Stop and Check'? If the 'frame is not ready in the morning and work was stopped for safety reasons I know who I would be trusting, both as a worker and an operator. Just my take on these things.