PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick - Heathrow Islander and S61 Questions
Old 2nd Jun 2006, 12:59
Opssys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A question raised by Tredders is now intriguing me (I must get a life).
Where did the Islander park at LHR?

As for the departure queues at LHR (very good point 'Surely Not') on a 15 Minute Block time even a relatvely short delay on one departure could ruin your entire schedule for the rest of the day and lead to extremely annoyed SLFs!

Whilst there are many extreme examples of 'departure congestion' one that sticks in my mind was the CRJ that pushed back on schedule at Newark on a 45 minute block flight and actually became airborne 150 Minutes later.

As for shuttles whilst the indications are that the Islander service was not overwhelmed by people eager to use it, in the US a Boston - ? - Boston Shuttle CRJ used to regularly depart early because it was full (the reason I remember was we had to produce a workaround so the system didn't give warning alerts on that rotation whilst maintaining alert checks on other MVTs)

I feel I have probably caused some serious thread drift here. Oh well!

Update
I suspect the reason for the Booking Telephone Numbers being on top of the wings was that Westward expected them to be seen by people walking along the Piers at Gatwick and I guess Heathrow (after all a lot of people at Gatwick and LHR would always look down on an Islander ).

Also whilst mentioned on the post that started this thread, there was a discussion on the JV Airlink in Rotorheads which is here:
Rotorheads Thread

Although some of the ground covered has been duplicated here, much hasn't. However the reason for posting the Link now is there is a picture of G-LINK on H34 at LHR with boarding in progress.

Whilst there are a lot of very good G-LINK pictures on the Web, the only decent one of mine is in the Brilliant pictures thread (Pretty Good rather than Brilliant actually)

DIH

Last edited by Opssys; 2nd Jun 2006 at 13:43. Reason: Update