PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No room for Characters nowadays?
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2006, 08:54
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 443 Likes on 235 Posts
Originally Posted by Tigs2
Talking of characters, where the hell is Blackie and Chips Carpenter?? They were like Stadler and Waldorf in the crewroom. Once remember both of them discussing a visit to the sqn we had just had by that really really nice bloke Air Marshall Sandy Wilson Blackie (Flt Lt) proudly says in his broad jockanese accent 'do you know that he is in my first log book as a Flt Lt', Chips continues reading the newspaper and says ' mm ive got him as a Pilot Officer' in my third'
Chips retired - did he go to France as he always said he would? I recall listening to a debrief by Chips, given to one of his OCU students in the 230 Sqn flight planning room, immediately after their arrival at Gutersloh. Chips, throwing down a 1/4 mill chart: "Now listen here, Sonny! There are some things in this life that you just DON'T do - and calling air traffic controllers "Sir" is one of them!"

George is probably hiding in an office somewhere in MOD, still trying to dodge the C exam....
George of the "Is Maggie (Thatcher) on (Puma) intercom? No? In that case I can talk about my effing piles!"
Crewman: "George - you haven't started the engines yet - EVERYONE down the back heard that!"