PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC calls police to meet A/C because FO 'sounded drunk'
Old 1st Jun 2006, 00:48
Johnbr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One would expect US coppers to be agressive and nasty...But in the UK,some 12 years ago,I was stopped by police for speeding(doing 60 in a road with a speed limit of 40),was very respectfuly treated,admitted having had a pint,asked for a breath test,got the test explained to me in detail,did it,turned out ok,and released with a "have a very good night,mate".Few days later,reporting for duty at Gatwick,saw a police officer doing the same routine to an asian capt.who really had an odd balance in his walk,very politely,test explained in detail,and the officer himself insisted in taking this poor fellow away from public view.Every time I had any contact with british police in the 2 years I lived in the UK I've found them to be nice,polite,helpful and very well trained to deal with the "civilians".Couldn't and wouldn't say the same of the american couterparts.Very recently I was rudely approached by an american police officer at KMIA for having a cigarrete in my mouth,unlit,on my way out of the terminal,shouting on top of his lungs,causing every head to turn to me.Embarassing it was!Felt like a criminal.The whole episode with the pilot you guys described ,sounded typical american..