PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC calls police to meet A/C because FO 'sounded drunk'
Old 31st May 2006, 18:38
ExSimGuy

Sims Fly Virtually

Location: Used to be 3rd Sand Dune from the Left - But now I'm somewhere else somewhere else.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Landmark
Indeed, if a pilot placed a condition on giving a sample of breath requested by me - he's more likley than not going to be arrested for refusal.
Landmark, are you a law enforcement officer? Unless I mis-understood your post, you say that a pilot who insists on a test being carried out in a discrete place would be arrested for refusal?

If this is the case, either my view of law enforcement officers has just seriously descended (and I'm proud to have a son-in-law who is one) or you are an unfortunate exception to the rule!

WHY would a sensible request that the test be carried out away from the eyes of passengers result in arrest - it's hardly an unacceptable condition?

When I'm flying with any airline, I don't expect to see the driver being "bagged" - If he IS "FUI", then I'd hope that it would be taken care of and that I'd not even be aware of the fact that an alternative pilot was going to be flying!

(and I'm old enough to remember the years-ago somewhat "bending" of the "8 hours rule", so not "over-sensitive")