PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No room for Characters nowadays?
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2006, 14:30
O2thief

Characters

I remember hearing a few tales, from my old mate "Ballex", about the famous Fg Off Walter Watts who served on an F4 unit, in Scotland in the 70's, commanded by the legendary Wg Cdr Harry Drew. Forgive my declining memory if I get some of the facts wrong. However, in essence, Walter and his Nav (might have been Ballex, I'm not sure) are sent down to Valley for MPC; Walter decides that it might be a good thing to show these Training Command mates what the front line can do and so "arrives" very low and pushing Mach 1 somewhat!. Breaks into the circuit, lands and whilst taxying into the MPC dispersal he spots a staff car (with a pennant) parked next to his parking slot. "I wonder if the Stn Cdr meets all visiting aircrew" says Walter to his backseater, warming to the thoughts of things to come in NW Wales. He receives a memorable roasting from OC Valley and is told that he is being sent home forthwith! Stn Cdr Valley phones Harry and tells him of the decision. "Don't you F**&^%g well send him back here, I've only just got rid of him for two weeks and we've got an AOCs next week." There are loads more stories about Walter perhaps someone out there, with a better memory, can write in.

O2T