PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOCS WTF???
Thread: BOCS WTF???
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2006, 19:42
BEagle

Received 271 Likes on 110 Posts
What was wrong with STARS?

WHAT WAS WRONG WITH STARS??

F*cking everything! It was an appalling spawn of the devil. Forced onto the premier tanker squadron by the most boring truckie in NATO who had missed his true vocation as a double glazing salesman, it was user unfriendly, desperately slow and thoroughly impersonal. Before the bastard thing arrived, we sent our requirements and the availability of instructors to the planners, they then sorted out the programme for approval. Done job, pure and simple - and we had time to instruct our students properly. After the sodding thing came in it was purgatory - I was stuck in an office for hours trying to work out an impossible programme and it was so time consuming that I used to risk no more than 4 days leave at a time due to the time it took to sort out all the changes after I got back again.... I shudder to think of the appalling impression our knackered, overworked instructors gave to our increasingly inexperienced students.

A classic example of an IT disaster which had to be coped with by hugely overworked folk run by a so-called boss whose interest lay totally in his next promotion. That stupid prick Kelvin Rucksack (now redundant and missed by nobody) refused to allow us to have a full time STARS-astronaut to fettle the b£oody thing, so what had been a superb job turned to $hit in less than a year as we tried to cope with ever increasing demands and ever increasing problems.

I wouldn't pi$$ on the grave of STARS.....