PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Stink Bomb on Virgin A/C
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2006, 08:56
talespin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats - whats' - what's - in an apostrophe?

Originally Posted by ROKAPE
Virgin Blue flew the alleged offender's home from Tasmania.
I hadn't heard VB had entered the heavy lift game - or was his place really really small so that it fit inside a 738? (Sorry ROKAPE - couldn't resist.)

Originally Posted by ROKAPE
They should have been banned from travelling on a VB aircraft and their names passed to the QANTAS group.
More seriously though, you raise an interesting point. What's the threshold - what should be the threshold - for a wally getting his name on the black list? Does it have to reach the Liam Gallagher / Oasis standard (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/64844.stm) or should we start getting really ruthless, like with this turkey as ROKAPE suggests? Should a Captain's recommendation be the ultimate arbiter? (I think so but the Company may not always see it that way.) I suppose you'd also have to compensate for the fact that on average VB might attract a certain class of pax and adjust standards accordingly.

And sort of related, have the fines for those dumb 'I've got a bomb in my bag' comments helped at all? I get the impression they're still popping up almost as much as they used to - time to raise the stakes maybe.