PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Dispatcher - Would you like to be like this?
Old 28th May 2006, 18:45
Aloon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fair enough.....
LEGALLY can and will. As long as I have ensured the aeroplane is loaded as per the load sheet. And then sign the load sheet myself.
The Buck stops HERE kiddo!
So you go and check every passenger is in their correct seat and every bag is in the correct hold?? I'm sure you do... Not the responsibility of anyone else but you?? I'm glad you do... Sure makes me feel alot safer, Knowing the pilot has checked everything!! Who checks everything before pushback?? NOT you! A guy you have to rely on day in day out to do his checks.... So was it a little sweaty don't you think in that rear hold?? ( passengers were very greatfull when you pulled their boarding cards too! oh and checked their passports and visas, and hand luggage and how sober they were! )

That's a rather narrow minded and infantile comment. Crew welfare is one of my biggest concerns as a commander. After all how can anyone do their job properly if they are under fed, feeling dizzy, sick, faint etc. We can't just stop what we're doing and wait until we feel better can we?
As you said... under fed, feeling dizzy, faint etc..... all crew experience this day in day out. So do ground crew! But you don't think of them?? NO coz YOUR flight is so important!

Try working on the ground! You'll soon feel pressure!

You have to deal with ONE flight at a time..... Ground crew are all over the shop with many flights in mind, not just yours! I know you deal with one flight well once up in the air, but come on... how many people actually made that happen?

I've said before, I've been on a fam flight, and enjoyed it, but try it the other way around and you'll soon get a shock!

Please realise what ground staff actually do, not just what you 'see'.....