PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair management back in court
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2006, 18:24
corsair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know, I really find all this really depressing. It's all so completely unneccessary. Ryanair is tremendously successful as an airline. I was at Girona recently and saw that the entire flight line was made up of Ryanair aircraft. I should have felt a surge of pride at all those Irish registered aircraft lined up waiting to transport eager travellers all over Europe. It is remarkable by any standards. There are similar scenes at many airports around Europe. Many jobs are created when Ryanair lands at the local airport.
But I didn't feel any pride because we all know that Ryanair is run to maximise profits for a few individuals and essentially has no soul. It deals with it's staff as ruthlessly as it deals with it's customers. I don't know of another company in any field of businss never mind the airline business, that generates so much bad publicity for itself and has provided so much revenue for it's lawyers. Most companies try to maintain a positive image of itself to customers and staff, sometimes hyprocritically but they at least they try. Ryanair doesn't even bother. It thinks everything is about money. It's equally contemptous of it's customers and staff.

We all know this is generated by it's 'colourful' chief executive and permeates the entire management and even down to check in staff at airports who don't even work for Ryanair directly. It's obviously deliberate and my question to Michael O'Leary and the acolytes like leo hairy camel is why??? Will profits fall devastatingly if customers are treated like customers and not as cash cows or if staff are treated valuable members of a team who take pride in their work and do the best for the company and not as cost centres?

Like this court case, they want to pursue and intimidate staff using the website instead of addressing the issue of why they feel it's neccessary to complain in this anonymous way rather than deal with via their own management or internal processes. They cannot see there is something rotten in the state of Ryanair.

So Leo, why is there so much discontent in Ryanair?