PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LONDON CITY
Thread: LONDON CITY
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2006, 10:59
submariner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sincerely hope that LCY gets its act together. I use the airport weekly on flights from LPL but the hassle at LCY is becoming so annoying that I am questioning the worth of using the airport.

Over the last month alone:

On arrival, no sign of luggage, when I found someone to complain to, it was found, amongst others, left o/s the terminal.

On check in. Only 1 person on duty with a queue of over 20 people, many getting concerned as they had missed their check-in times because of the delays. (Around 20 minutes for processing at a quiet time of the day).

The Bar area is chaotic and heavily smoke logged. You need to have around 20 minutes spare to get served. If you do, you have no-where to drink unless you stand in the smoking area.

Lack of seating, airside and in the Departure lounges. Will only get worse with larger a/c.

Incorrect information on flight boards and departure boards, leading to confusion. Despite all other lounges being empty, 2A was used simultaneously for flights to LPL and Luxembourg, departing at same time. Both sets checked in....as u can imagine, chaos reigned. Only Luxembourg showing on flight board, different info from tannoy and what staff mentioned.

Staff always surly.

Security area very poor, queues regularly so long as to block the escalator, again surly staff.

Positives:

Good DLR connection now (Does need staffed booking office though). Uncomplicated airport and small distances to walk (unless at higher gate numbers)

Some of these issues can be resolved comparatively quickly and cheaply, so why the problems?