PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Abysmal Standards of Airmanship
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2006, 06:29
drshmoo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had some moron in PA28 pull out on the RWY whilst I was landing at the same place me thinks last week. Tower went beserk as appropriate and I was advised that there was some paperwork pending for the PA28 driver. If you are given a taxi clearance to hold at a holding point, do it. The PA28 driver apart from just rolling through the holding point on an active RWY obviously didn't even look left or right to check whether anything was landing or taking off. Airmanship Ignorance is Bliss
Plovett - It wasnt the comanchee club was it
I have seen them at first hand charging back into Kununurra MBZ mid morning back in 2003 after a trip to the bungles arriving at the same time as the Sling and Alligator pilots. About 20 or so Sling and Alligator and about 20 Comanchee club all converging from the south and half the Commanchee club were on the wrong frequency and no obvious use of callsigns but the use of first names etc, sent a loaded C208 around and just a general lack of airmanship/situational airmanship from the group.
Now Im all for these associations and these big flyins, they have seem like awesome fun but there seems to be a diminished responsibility when in a pack. Im sure the majority set great standards but when in large groups, a few poor performances can sully the group. (No offence to the Comanchee club, just a real example)