PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - India pilot shortage
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2006, 06:22
masalama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, dont want to justify what Outlook reporter has written about foreign pilots but the rest of the article re the Indian pilot shortage is true.I think the quality of the foreign pilots we're attracting has a lot to be desired.This is mainly due to
1.Pay- Airbus/Boeing pilots get paid more in europe/middle east /US etc...U pay peanuts,U get monkeys.....
2.Moving over to India- Many "first" world pilots would find it hard to move to a chaotic city like mumbai for example....

Long term remedy would be to start abinitio programs NOW to meet the growing demand by the various airlines, the Air force idea's a good one too but they've got the same shortage situation now as most private airlines have got their hands on any ex-airforce flyer they can find.....

In the meantime , being Indian and a captain with one of the private airlines, I have to say it's never been this good, I'm grappling with the dilemma of going 4 A320 command with a loco or staying on the 737 with a stable growing airline..... let the good times roll.....