PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Florida Mud-Wrestling Pit!
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2006, 17:11
JABI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Read my post again- it clearly says that when I shut down Britannia we were asked to send the exam papers back to the CAA.
Thank you for stating the obvious....again...school closed, return the exam papers.

Where did I say in post that if school has lost the approval they can conduct JAA training?
You did not and neither did I, but they still hold the exam papers, which allows them to have students do conversions, which is essentially the same result.

Although not approved, students can still go to any school and renew their licence. All renewal requires is a flight with an approved FI (not at approved school) and than if license is expired a flight test with an FE/CRE/FIE.
Nobody said anything abot renewals, so what is your point?

So the CAA has enforced its regulation on everyone equally. That includes NAC, OBA, OFT, EFT and even your school.
No they have NOT, OBA/OFT and EFT still have the required JAA certified/authorized or otherwise approved personnel.
Bottom line, if you lose the required people, lose all authorization, it is odd that you can still continue to conduct your business with only a minor change, which is the FAA skill test before the JAA one.
So essentially nothing changed.

But I do look up at times and thank God that I am not part of politics that involves JAA/FAA flight training in Florida
I am sure you are not the only one feeling that way.

You are still defending it every time though...