PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Typhoons an Raptors
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2006, 03:03
RonO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jacko your pants are on fire,

US only JSF unit program acquisition cost (total US R&D plus total US manufacturing divided by total US order of 2,458 aircraft) = $104m.

Projected US flyaway price, (cost to buy production aircraft off the line) = approx $50m.

JSF partner contracts state they will pay same US flyaway i.e. approx $50m. For example, Norway has been told to expect $45m for its F-35A's.

These numbers can be verified in a number of recently published US official publications. They are not my math. They are not pulled from anorak weekly. These are the costs & prices presented to congress this year.

The US will not be passing on additional R&D to the UK £2 bill contribution. Guaranteed in writing.

There is no US law that says US R&D has to be recovered thru exports. Not usually done. US goverment is not some 7/11 that needs to recover investment or make a profit. EXACTLY same as UK paying more for Typhoons than Austria because UK swallows R&D.

JSF will bring $25 billion plus to the UK. More than enough in taxes to pay for the entire UK JSF fleet.

So to answer Confucious, JSF partners are currently projected to pay appprox $50m per aircraft. Up or down a bit depending on variant. Up to you to guess how much that will drift in the next 5 years or so before deliveries begin. Bound to go up some. But basically half current Typhoon pricing.

Or you can believe wacko jacko's $100m or $150m or $200m (£104.6 m) or whatever other number he's pulling out of his ass.

I'm being pedentic. I'm running the risk of being thought an idiot for arguing with one. But I'm heartly sick of Jacko's lies, distortions and half truths here and in his spotter monthly articles. They prevent any rationale UK debate re-JSF and carriers (probably the not so hidden agenda) which doesn't do the Brit military any favors and by lowest common denominator journalism just confims public notion that any defense money is wasted. You loose..