PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Typhoons an Raptors
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2006, 00:23
Confucius

Location: Too far North - hardly a RAF base that isn't these days...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackonicko
Confucious,
I'm puzzled why you should want to make up a new price for Typhoon. There are more than enough out there, after all.
The unit programme cost (including R&D) is £82.5 m or £84.78 (Total UK programme cost (there are two credible figures) divided by 232).
The current unit production cost, excluding R&D, has to be less than the price paid by Austria (€62 m).
I'm puzzled by why you are puzzled. First you, rather patronisingly I might say!, accuse me of making up a price (£75M incl r&d), and then quote a similar cost (£82.5M incl r&d). Puzzling indeed, perhaps you misread my post?. Maybe the £75M I saw quoted was a few years back, that would explain the 10% increase to £82.5M you quote. Still, not too much of a difference to bother with such a long post, I would have thought.

By the way, thank you for the info on the '35 - it wasn't one I was posting about previously, nor had I any intention of doing so. I merely quoted an 'off the shelf' price of a '22 (NOT a '35) - the US has written off r&d as far as (likely-to-be-rare) foreign sales are concerned. Its unit cost incl r&d is more like $350M based on their (reduced) likely production numbers.

Last edited by Confucius; 27th May 2006 at 10:06.