PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair management back in court
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2006, 10:22
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stampe:
Totally agree with you. What IS TRUE, Leo, is that pilots want to retain a job for the length of their careers. They do not want to change airlines every few years, for better T's & C's, and most certainly do not want to be seeking new jobs because their own has disappeared from under them. It is the pilots, NOT managment, who have a far greater interest in the longterm survival of an airline. Managers have a short-term interest in jacking up the share price, selling their options and then not giving a toss. There will always be another sucker airline somewhere. Just look how many useless airline managers have moved around the market placxe pedalling their incompetance.

Leo: Yes we are talking to you!!

"Unions in general, and pilot unions in particular, are, with tiresomely familiar regularity, the Angels of airline death..."

You have been asked many direct questions in the past; all unanswered! Well, here ia another. Please quote dates, people, places and relevant company names to back up this statement.

Of course leave out: Eastern, TWA, Pan AM, Paramount, Sabre, Dan Air, Swiss Air, Piedmont, Air Canada, Air France (nearly) Iberia (nearly) Lufthansa (nearly) Alitalia (nearly, perhaps yet) Olympic, Sabena, Air Scotland, Air Holland (4 times) Air Littoral, Air Liberte, National Jets Italia, Sterling, etc. etc.

This is only a short list off the top of my head in a few moments. A little more research would extend it to pages, but none of them were pilot caused.

Of course, also leave out all the chapter 11 airlines, both US & other countries, where they were brought to the brink by shoddy short-term management stratergies, and then asked the pilots and other lower employees to sacrifice their salaries in a rescue campaign. The vast majority agreed. Talking of greed, there were many of the top honchos who did not make similar sacrifices, yet it was they who had undone the bolts and caused the wheels to come off.
Share holders have short term gains in mind; pilots have long term futures in mind. History has made it clear from whom the greater threat of survival comes. He who does not learn from history will continue to make the same mistakes in the future. History is the teacher of the future.

Leo: I have just linked to your list of defunct airlines. Please identify which ones were caused by greedy unproductive pilot actions. Until then stop spreading innuendo.