PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life after EK
Thread: Life after EK
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2006, 05:10
dunerider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very good post Uplink, the facts without emotion. You quote the 30% mid 89,however, don't you think that the management use the overtime to try and hide their actual required pilot numbers? Unfortunately, individuals working on days off won't help improve our situation either, obviously for some this is a financial decision and they may have no choice. I am going to watch the portal in the ensuing two months with great interest to see how successful the Jetstar campaign has been. My prediction is 14 captain resignations and fortunate for EK that Jetstar are not interviewing any 777 pilots, as this figure would no doubt increase. I am not saying that the Jetstar package is a good one, by any stretch of the imagination, however, for a lot of Aussies it offers a chance to get home. Prune overall is a lot quieter than normal, guys would appear to be now actively searching for alternatives and have realised that EK are probably never going to change any of their policies. Even the most hopeful have now resigned themselves to this.