PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Myanmar info request
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2006, 07:36
safelife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pinkflaps;
Yes I've been flying with locals. They came from F.28 or ATR so they had some experience, but of course the F100 is a challenge for them.
But then again the Fokker is the easiest a/c to fly in this size; I wonder how they would have performed in a 737 or a MD.
Thus me thinks a 767 (that's what they're trying to get) would need full expat crews for quite a while. (767, routes to russia, rings a bell doesn't it!)
We got treated quite well, no close contact with anyone though. Got a nice goodbye party in big man's house (impressive!).
Yes good question about the fate of the other operators, so far they're just coexisting in stable way. For a passenger the Fokker would be the better choice of course, but I takes some time for agencies and tour operators to make the switch. In the long term there aren't that many seats needed on the domestic routes I reckon. But the ATR is far more suitable for most destinations within, I guess the F100 will continue to serve the main ones only.
Right now they concentrate on starting international flights, trying to replace MAI on the BKK route. Been investigating with their owners, I heard.
But so far I think the international AOC is the problem, if they can't get one by buying MAI they will have to go the long way to earn one themself. This is one of the things even close ties with the government can't fix.