PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dragon Air
Thread: Dragon Air
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2006, 08:57
Plasma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fly747
This is a different situation to the CX case, you are not being offered a job in KA but with another company on far worse COS. It is intended that new FOs and DECs take promotion and advancement opportunities from KA pilots.
You will not be on the Dragonair seniority.
You will not be able to join the Pilots Association.
You will not happily fly for Dragonair in the future because that is not what you are joining.
You are not being asked to fight our battle, you are being asked to stay out of it.
There are many places where an IFALPA ban does matter and that could well affect your employment chances in the future.
Just make sure you know all the facts and consequences before you make your decision.
Who says.. Its up to KA if we chnage fleets ect... They have all the power. The so called pilot's association couldn't protect the guys the company fired last month. Why would they protect you.
I have no doubt KA is going to change all the positions over to the nez crewing company and reduce wages. You can stay or go, but unless you are unified - which CX couldn't pull off, and nor could you more recently- and ALL walk off the job, you are powerless.

Would I prefer the C.O.S that you lot have, absolutely. I wet myself over it. Is it available? NO;

Is I told Doris I could not accept an interview due to BAN, would I ever get one for mainline? NO

B747 is not an upgrade. Its an airplane.