PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA to hire foreigners!!!
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2006, 05:43
Shrike200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nutcracker43
Fluffyfan
...personal abuse tends to mean that the argument is being lost....
NC43
Exactly. When you (for some reason unfounded by any possible logic) claim this about me...

Originally Posted by nutcracker43
..I admire ambition in a person...only problem is that you do not appear to have any.
..you're doing what you seem to dislike, attacking me personally, without any reason. Apparently your lofty standards only apply to others, not yourself. I fail to see why anyone need lend any weight to your opinions anymore. You've proved Fluffyfan 100% correct. Feel free to come up with some more juvenile 'logic',nobody here need defend their actions to you anymore.

Now onto a relevant note:
Originally Posted by Parrot
To qualify for BEE status a person must have been a South African citizen and resident in South Africa "prior to March 1994" ... so whilst hiring foreign black or white nationals might have a business reason ... it aint going to help with improving a company's BEE score. In fact ...to try and include a foreign (black) person to increase ones BEE score is actually against the law ..and punishable by fines etc..

Thanks for that, I must ask about that. I unfortunately only have the one example that I know of (two actually, the other is in a government department!) - All I know is that it does seem to be happening. I would rather be wrong, it would restore some faith in AA/BEE.