PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R/T status in KL FIR
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2006, 02:08
Brianigham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Veloo,

Maybe what we need in this situation is a "zinged up" clearance dilivery.

What I mean by that is:

The main problem here is planes in a long queue, both on the ground and in the air. Delays come with cost and I applaud ATC for showing more interest in this cost factor than the payee. Thank you.

If all departures left the gates smack on the dot, then it would be easier to slot things in. As it is nowadays when there is single runway ops, it is actually not so bad at all, except during Wx and traffic peaks.

So Maybe all we need is open and continuous communication between ATC and pilots during this down time at KLIA. We have to play by ear here as well because we have operational delays as well. I think what happens when we have really bad weather in KUL and ATC advises us on how many planes are at the holding point and our sequence, works fairly well.

Maybe we could look at setting up a " flow control " as a transition between delivery and ground. This " chap " will coordinate between the 2 and the pilot, so that delivery can concentrate on clearances, ground can work on the planes on the ground and "flow" can be the in between, giving modified clearances and broadcasting congestion information. Gee.... that sounds tiring already