PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructor jobs??
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2006, 03:53
MBA747

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Capt Wingdrop.

I'm a realist, not living in a fools paradise. Consider this:

1. Instructors paid anything from $25 to $35 a FLYING hour....not the award ,no flying no pay, duties include cleaning toilets, vacuuming offices,cleaning the kitchen.

2. Pilots employed as contractors, paid well below the award, not paid super, no work insurance so that if you damage an aircraft you pay, you land in farmland you compensate the farmer, you pay your own tax from a salary which is already well below the award.

3. To many instructors at flying schools so that any flying is rationed to the many, resulting in not much flying for the individual and resulting in a low salary.

4. Airline opportunities limited, pay for your own endorsement A320, B737NG about 40K. It's only a matter of time you will have to pay for line training. Its happening in the UK and Europe, EAGLE JET charge about 30K EUROS for 300 hours line training.

5. Airline flying in the US is in a worse predicament. Most airlines are either in Chapter11 or just out of Chapter11. salaries have plumetted.

6. Airlines in Asia.........well unless your a Capt you will be on a local contract, however there are exceptions......not many.

7. Airlines in South America, well I don't fly there so I can't really comment, needless to say you must speak Spanish.

Now Wingdrop try a rebuttal to those FACTS.