PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA to hire foreigners!!!
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2006, 21:57
nutcracker43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fluffyfan

The irony of which I spoke was that you were whining about how the Zims voted, made their beds and now should have to lie without realising what you were saying because the same thing has happened in SA. You perhaps have not voted for the current govt but others have and an outsider could equally say that you have made your beds and should lie in it. I have not thrown any stones as you will see should you care to read what I wrote...not a problem for me if you react the way you do if anyone makes a comment about SA...time to grow up and start removing those chips...Difficult if you don't understand 'irony' of what you were saying....so perhaps I shan't go further.

I have already stated that one has sympathy for your situation; it is not right in the slightest but the status quo is there to stay...nothing much will change the philosophy of the current ruling elite and it therefore behoves one to do the best one can to obviate the situation in which you find yourself. As for perceiving what SA is like....I know very well what it is like and I have never marched on SA house as you have suggested. I do not need your advice in any shape or form because you were probably still a suckling child when I was doing my ACF training (1962)... so lecturing me on perspectives is a crock of you know what. English side of the family (1820)...French side (1662). Difference between you and me is that I did something about it...I saw which way I thought things were going to go and acted accordingly. It turned out that I was right...I have no regrets. BTW I spent a couple of weeks with a chum of mine canvassing for the elections in March when he stood for office...I reakon I got a pretty good idea of what things were like...

NC43