PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA to hire foreigners!!!
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2006, 12:06
FlingWingKing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by starcrest
FWK do you mean isiXhosa, the language? Apartheid is an AngloAfrikaans word, but try this; Bonke abantu bazalwa bekhululekile belingana ngesidima nangokweemfanelo.....

For those who don't speak isiXhosa it means; All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
........why do I get the feeling that statement only applies to black "Africans"??

I thought the whole idea behind AA and BEE was to level the playing fields and correct the wrongs of the past for our local black people. Giving jobs to blacks from other countries just to get the demographics right, borders more on absolute discrimination than AA or BEE for that matter.

What about that little boy in one of our townships who realy wants to fly, but can not afford to? Is it fair to discriminate against him also, because he has not been afforded an oppurtunity to get himself qualified?

If my neighbour is an absolute idiot and doesn't feed his children, should I starve mine? I DO NOT THINK SO.

If your goverment started with a proper programme 12 years ago to address the imbalances in the cockpit, we would have had heaps of properly qualified SOUTH AFRICAN black pilots to choose from.

Dont shy away from your responsibilities make sure your kids are fed properly before helping your neighbour...........THAT my friend, is the right thing to do!!