PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA to hire foreigners!!!
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2006, 08:28
porridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you want a well-paid airline job or not?

The question now must surely be – “do you want a well-paid airline job or not?” Because if you do you may have to compromise between being in your homeland or elsewhere in the more civilized world.
I was talking to an acquaintance in the airline recruiting game who told me that there are a couple of airlines that he deals with who have aircraft sitting on the ground due to lack of crews. Although there is a fairly plentiful supply of low hour’s pilots there is a real shortage of people with jet or turbine experience who could be fast-tracked to command.
I suggested that SA may have a pool of experienced pilots who may be available, subject to getting JAR Conversions and work permits. He suggested that I put out a feeler on PPRuNe and see what the interest level was as if there are people prepared to move, with suitable experience, then work permits and sponsorship for the conversion may be found for the right candidates. Obviously people with experience on wide-bodied jet would be at the top, but SA ATPL qualified pilots with 2000 hours plus and at least a 1000 hours on turbines may be also an option to consider he reckons.
Still it is really a ‘toe in the water exercise’ at the moment, but is there is some interest revealed on the Africa forum – he may put it to his superiors to put together and package that would satisfy them and their client.
No PM’s at this stage please!