PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA to hire foreigners!!!
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2006, 13:34
SKYTORT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fluffyfan,

I agree with what you are saying, and I guess as a relatively young person I still base my arguments on an academic level, rather than contrasting academics with experience - I guess the word "naive" is what I am looking for right?

The way I see it there is a lot of myth that we will never understand, nor get exposed to. For example, you mention about ID documents that get given away, and so another African becomes a South African. Is what you are saying fact or myth? Can you prove that with concrete evidence, or is it another story heard from people that know some people who hands out ID documents??

I am not actually trying to crack a joke here, but I think we must stop making someone's opinion our reality, and base our comments and frustration on the facts. The same goes for the story about the engineering field and emplying black people.

I cannot see how this could be done, and not be illegal, unless we are just to scared to challenge these companies and their unconstitutional act - if we truly live by The Constitution, and more specifically by Section 1 (c) which contain the words "supreme constitution and the rule of law", which in nutshell means that nobody is above the law. That's right, no President, no Company, not SAA - nobody. Well all said this is the minute academic part of it, as it was mentioned earlier, there is the academic side on the one scale, and the practical side on the other side.

It does indeed frustrate me to sit and fly in Africa, when I could have been at home (casting a vote) enjoying South Africa, but I guess our generation lives in its own unique little dipression - our transition into an apartheid free South Africa. Yes, I know some people will say "12 years is more than enough". Obviously it's not!