PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA to hire foreigners!!!
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2006, 10:14
fluffyfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SRT well put, we have people from outside of SA all commenting on things they dont really understand, its not the same issue as Ireland, or Emirates or Cathay, there is no shortage of crew here in SA, just a shortage of black crew.

flying paddy how would you like it if Ryanair suddenly decided that there were not enough Protestants in the company and even though there are qualified Prodestants in Ireland or Europe they decided to ignore those people and only hire from the US.........thats more like the situtaion we are talking about here.

Starcrest
So my takeout on this is; nobody is offering any constructive comments about my government's clearly stated and binding policy of black empowerment, i.e. helping those who have clearly been historically disadvantaged, which includes the world of aviation. Sadly I see that many threads are actually calling for the opposite... and ironically their own destruction by bringing SAA down.
Have you read the "Affirmative action at SAA" thead ? why dont you go and read that thread properly and see if anyone is offering constructive comments.

They do NOTHING for the country, put nothing worthwhile back and in effect rape the country. They will continue to do this until they kill the goose which lays the golden egg and then starve like the rest of Africa at which point all the mighty Brits, Yanks, etc. will be called on to bail them out of the c p they created. Just like the entire African continent.
My opinion is that the "Mighty Brits , Yanks etc" do nothing to help anyone unless there is something in it for them ie oil, they have caused a great many problems in the world today and do very little to help anyone.....re Zimababwe

The pilots union at SAA is very powerfull, with 99.9% membership of the SAA pilots, when the Argentinians came to fly for SAA on contract it was a big process with lots of negotiation, I can assure you there has been no negotation about the hiring of foreign pilots to correct the race ratio, you would know if there was because the pilots would probably be on strike and SAA would probably cease to exist, in which case flying paddy I am coming with my British Passport to take your job.