PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA to hire foreigners!!!
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2006, 08:53
starcrest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Imagaine I am a government minister reading all this. First thing I would notice is that a white-hot button has been pushed and passion is gushing out. But being a rational guy I ignore the passion, comments about my party the ANC, governement etc and try to find the crux of the matter.

Is it about job protection, is it about want-to-get-ins being frustrated, is it about anti-SAAism or is it about foreigners? I trawl through the comments, then Eureka, I find an answer. Hyenacackle says it's about something I missed; skin colour and he also says he doesn't want to be reminded of the past.

So I phone my pal in the transport ministry who tells me that less than 5% of the pilots are black, so what's the problem?

But then he puts a spin on it; he says 10% of the population occupies 95% of the pilot jobs!! What's more, he says, many are ex-military pilots. Aaaaah I'm slowly getting it. No wonder Hyenacackle doesn't want to talk about the past.

So my takeout on this is; nobody is offering any constructive comments about my government's clearly stated and binding policy of black empowerment, i.e. helping those who have clearly been historically disadvantaged, which includes the world of aviation. Sadly I see that many threads are actually calling for the opposite... and ironically their own destruction by bringing SAA down.

Eeeeeish, and we own the airline too. I'm getting angry...