PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multi Crew Pilot Licence (MCL)
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2006, 04:55
Flopsie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ASIAN FROG
Flopsie,
1) MPL is a proposed new international standard the same everywhere
2) The fact that the JAR standard is attractive gives jobs to Europeans easily compared to FAA Licences owners. True in the Middle East, true in SE and Eastern Asia. Plenty of Europeans are currently staffing Airlines and schools. American are loosing grip. Example Hong Kong, Malaysia, Vietnam wants a closed to JAR standard for its cadets....Only very experienced FAA Licences holders are accepted. ...Numerous threads on this topics. Middle East,...the JAR Licence is the reference, local schools and Airlines are taking reference to JAR!
3) JAR Standard has been a real improvement and is gaining momentum. On safety issues it is a plus compared to the ICAO or FAA standard
4) A low level of licence is also the perspective of low salaries at the end
Our planet is a village now, it is a global market. If the Americans are pushing so strongly behind the MPL it is because they are loosing influence with their FAA licence. They have found a new trojan horse...the MPL
I'm not exactly sure exactly what point you're trying to make here but you have just reinforced my previous statement. The MPL will NOT be "the same standard everywhere" as it's up to the national authorities to approve their own MPL syllabus. The ICAO FCLTP have issued guidelines and in Europe, these have been implemented in to the JAA LST NPA-FCL 31 Draft that defines the minimum requirements. Going back to my original point, this includes a theory syllabus in accordance with the existing JAR ATPL. The NPA clearly states that the MPL will "provide a level of competency in multi-crew operations at least equivalent to what is currently expected from graduates of the ATP(A) integrated course who have completed type rating training for a multi-pilot aeroplane".
What the Americans or Asians do with their MPL syllabus is not of much interest to European airlines, since the MPL will be an airline sponsored course and tailored to the airline requirements. Once again, I suggest you read the previous thread on the MPL (the search function does work very well) which covers in depth the European perspective of the MPL.