PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R/T status in KL FIR
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2006, 03:38
veloo maniam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Better ATC Services

Hi Brianigham....your 1st line explains everything.A week ago the radar tecnician told me that 6 new radar monitors are ready to be fixed. I said "wow...that's news". and he said..don't get too excited, they are going to Kinabalu first.Why? the monitors over there are in a worse situation than Subang.Bulk of the traffic is controlled from Subang ATCC. If I were the decision maker, Subang will be the priority.Period.Observe what Virtual Reality said about HKG's ATIS and METAR transmissions. The DCA pays the vendors tons of RM and in return pilots still have to go thru SIN ATC to ask for RWY in use at KUL. And what was his position? a mere 150nm from VKL. One ATCer summed it up very well when he said " with the present scenario, I think we are already providing the best ATC service in KUL". Of course..I beg to differ bcos for me AVERAGE IS NOT AN OPTION. Being a mediocre leads u nowhere. People who live defensively never rise above being average. Brian..I think most ATCers have come to the point of "kais pagi makan pagi, kais petang makan petang". These days most ATCers just go to work and give their best to cross the bridge, whatever the bridge is. As for me and the remnants, we still can afford to smile bcos we have the PASSION for the job. AMEN and PRAISE THE LORD!