PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2010 : The Beginning of the End for Mainline
Old 17th May 2006, 01:10
max autobrakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now let me get this straight,
Come 2010 or there abouts ,the 787's that Jetstar had been flying for a few years will be repainted and sent to mainline QF to replace the ,by then ,clapped out 767's.

From sources in Qantas ,2010 also happens to be when the Qantas pilots last EBA expires (assuming they can sign up for 3yrs)which means the full impact of the Workchoice Act will be felt. (or lack of Choice Act if you are an empoyee) ie: Qantas management to Qantas pilots :here's the deal for the 787 ,"take it or leave it".

Logically I'd now be saying to myself "bugger it ! I've got nothing to lose"
Fight now with all I've got to get a better deal because come the end of your award and the protections it affords ,you will be looking at a sizable reduction in pay and conditions. It also means the bar has been set by Jetstar ,so that means come the introduction of the 787 you've got nothing to lose, what the company will pay you less than Jetstar.
Think about it. Don't swallow the rhetoric emanating from company management that if you're nice to the company the company will ensure the forth coming world of industrial relations will be full of sunshine ,lollypops, rainbows and half full glasses.

You have a limited time to work out a solution to the problems facing aviation in this country and the solution I believe can only be achieved
by working together. United you've got a chance, divided you'll be played off, one against the other.

That means everyone in Jetstar vote carefully for canditates on the Pilots Council. Qantas people ensure you vote the same in your upcoming mid term AIPA elections.Company stooges out, only vote for people who are commited to standing up for the interests of their fellow pilots.