PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R/T status in KL FIR
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2006, 14:42
veloo maniam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATC Professionalism in KUL

Tq 4 speaking your heart out. It all boils down to a concerted effort from top down. As long as it is not there, I doubt u will ever see HKG or SIN standards that most pilots speak about. It is not only in this forum, I do get calls from off-duty pilots regarding the kind of services rendered. However, there are still some good and mild mannered ATCers that I personally sat down and worked with in Subang. These are the remnants(though few and dwindling in numbers) who keep the flags flying. I am not putting my colleagues down for I know that there are other factors beyond our control that irritates us, like poor tx from us. Obviously the pilot didnt hear us at all. We didnt know about it. After three tx the pilot says 'cfm calling XXX?' . With 10-15 tfc in one's sector, that's the last thing an ATCer wants to hear from a pilot when timing is crucial (we have to meet Flow Control's requirements).Hence the rise in his/her BP and the beginning of scoldings as u have mentioned. The problem is we are still doing Air Traffic Control whereas we should be doing Air Traffic Management. The Air Traffic Control "culture" is still the norm in KUL.