PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mango - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 16th May 2006, 10:36
Solid Rust Twotter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agreed. It's what I've been advocating all along. The relative handful of crews on the coalface have to generate enough revenue to support a horde of managers, secretaries and other hangers on, most of them irrelevant in the scheme of things while earning salaries for nothing more than turning up for work in the morning. This has already been admitted in that there are two people to service each job.

Add to this the propensity for helicopter flights, junketeering and impressive titles and associated salaries for minor officials and you have the recipe for a loss making enterprise.

I have no problem with the union negotiating and holding SAA to decent salaries for those who generate revenue, but I have a huge hangup with the uncontrolled spending and wastage of money by management in the fond belief and accompanying warm feeling in the trousers that the taxpayer will cough up the necessary filthy lucre to enable a top heavy management structure to continue their wasteful extravagance.