PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Early Config change
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2006, 21:20
banana head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phil Hudson,

I've just read the link you posted from Airdisaster.com regarding Trident PI and am amazed. It is complete tosh. How have they derived what any of the crew said at any point in the accident, (aside from comms transcripts) or who specifically moved what when this aircraft WAS NOT FITTED WITH A CVR. The UK AAIB were unable to determine the exact sequence of events in 1973, but AirDisaster.com can do it today?? Sorry, but their 'special report' is a journalistic work of fiction.

For anybody interested the link below will take you to the full and final AAIB report into this accident. See in particular section 6, 'cockpit voice recorders'

UK AAIB Report into the loss of Trident PI

The recomendation of the AAIB, embodied in the ANO shortly thereafter mandated the carraige of this essential piece of kit.

Jondc9, you ask if I
favor cockpit video recorders as an accident investigation tool
In an ideal world yes, every little helps - but within our litigation hungry industry no - we are able to gather sufficient data from FDAP/ SESMA, DCVR, DFDR and comms transcripts.
I dread the day when the last actions of a crew are broadcast accross the web in HD clarity for sick individuals to get a cheap thrill. It's bad enough the FCC and FAA have ignored 'official' leaks of CVR recordings into the media....

Last edited by banana head; 15th May 2006 at 22:05.