PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Early Config change
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2006, 14:26
Denti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilotpete, yes, i did that thing as well, not in the simulator, in climbout during my supervision. As soon as the lights flashed amber (finger still on the switch wonderin if it was the right one) i knew what i'd done, switching them back on was not a biggie.

We had the flaps up case in our outfit lately although not instead of gear up but instead of N1 - speed 210 at AA. Apparently there was some mix up with an atc call and a minor deviation from SOPs that led to flaps being up well below flaps 1 manouvering speed. Oh, and we do flaps 1 departures on -300 and -500 as standard procedure, moved there from the flaps 5 we did previously since it is said to save a few kgs of fuel. Flaps 15 is something i should probably do sometimes to at least train it but unfortunately we dont have any performance data for that so it's been a few years since i did that.

Friend of mine in another outfit once moved flaps from landing configuration to up instead of his checklist marker on the yoke-checklist. Flying the CRJ and not the 737 so i have no idea if they have any stop gates like in the 737.