PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Upgrades delayed again at EK
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2006, 11:45
Aircav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TR are U Management??????

Good point but what about the fact that they are needed on the AB and will be rereleased as soon as possible. They are already tagged for the Bus upgrade and my guess is havent got enough 3 yrs guys to replace them by September......its just a delay not cancellation.
Hey Tr,

Normally your posts are quite good, but I think that you have lost the plot on this one.

Let us not be emotional and set aside the long term financial implications to these guys who have been delayed. And the fact that these same MANAGERS whom could not predict this was going to happen (when it was blatently obvious to everyone else) are going to pick up their 2x bonuses for mis-managing the situation and look at the facts.

AAR letter dated 24th December in relation to Upgrades said and I quote:

"The company will use NORMAL upgrades as the first choice to provide Captains for the fleets."
"First Officers who have qualifications for upgrade will be considered for TRANSITION UPGRADE on to a new aircraft type."
SO surely the best thing for moral would be to let the guys who have already passed their upgrade interviews and been allocated courses go FIRST and in senority order irrespective of which Aircraft. If it is your contention that they are needed on the Bus, where are the jumpers coming from, guess what the BUS, so it makes no diference in terms of numbers.

Also there are plenty of FO's coming up to their 3 year point in the next few months and whom have the hours to meet the UPgrade requirements for the BUS. Even more if they allow (ala 777) people to start their course to be finished on the 3 year mark.

Even if there was a shortage of Bus FO's with the requirements wouldn't it be better to use the jumpers (whoops acelerated) after they have used up all the ones with the criteria whom have been here longer??????

Explain to me the justification given the above points for pomotion out of senioriy (see FOM for definition). There can be none except that they like you have lost the plot.

Correct me if I am being simplistic. I for one am seriously pissed off at being bypassed by pilots that have been in EK less time than me(in some cases 1+1/2 years less), have less Total flying than me, less command time than me, but had the fortune to fly an aircraft just over 55T on the same routes I flew in my trusty Turboprop and less widebody time.

Time to pull your head out of the sand TR.