PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Upgrades delayed again at EK
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2006, 11:02
bus canuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good point but what about the fact that they are needed on the AB and will be rereleased as soon as possible. They are already tagged for the Bus upgrade and my guess is havent got enough 3 yrs guys to replace them by September
If Bus F/O's are going Captain, shouldn't it be the 3 1/2 year guys first? As far as enough 3 year guys, I'd say a rough guess is about 40-50 now and will have another 30 or so by September.
The upside is that ..........co 's are moving ......and for every pilot that gets an upgrade weather its a three year guy or one of the acclerated guys ........we are all getting closer to a command.
Sorry, but that's just not true. If you've been here 3 1/2 years, how does it help you to have a 18 month guy go ahead of you for command? Maybe in theory it's better than a DEC, but the foot-prints over the back feel about the same. Salary and benefits are affected the same too!
they have to do something fast
Agree, but I'm not optimistic. BTW, TR, I realize we're on the same side, so I'm not picking a spat with you. Just trying to point out how ridiculous the situation is.