PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus
Thread: Aer Lingus
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2006, 21:00
Telstar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few facts before everyone goes mental.

The company are trying to recall cadets from 2001. Some of these cadets are Captains in other airlines by now, some are F/Os some quit aviation completely. My Ialpa rep tells me that the company is trying to give them much revised T&Cs especially regarding pensions(They won't get the final pension salary). The Union says no way.

Irish protectionism/Prefer Irish/Irish speakers, whatever. Its bull****, I am sorry to dissapoint Irish wannabess. I don't fly into Dublin that often but I can tell you from the RT when I do go there and the Aer Lingus Drivers I meet in the waiting area in the Mater for my medicals, I have met plenty of Scots and English Boys and Girls who got in on the cadet programme for example.

I very much doubt that there will ever be a sponsored cadet programme ever again in the same vain as the BA/Aer Lingus ones ever again. You should never say never, but never! Aer lingus has made huge changes to imitate the Ryanairs of this world.

I do hope as a recent ex-Lowtimer/job seeker that they do take on Low Timers, and those on the bottom rung get a look in. Best of luck.