PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air PCE addresses on DLR assessments.
Old 30th Jun 2001, 15:13
scanscanscan

2High
IMHO...Haveing been there I can understand why nobody is confident enough to post on this psyco. testing, mid captain career stuff.
It is SO lethal and SO fatal to a hard earned pilot career it takes the breath away.

This psyco. testing anytime in a pilots career is NOT going to go away,it is a growth industry, there are lots of profits in it for everyone and pilots are simply the commodity.

You can imagine certain airline managements in dispute with their crews eager to use this wepon on vocal union members.

I expect some postings from British Airways pilots when their managers use mid career testing.

I am aware that "they say" only captains considered below standard will be affected. I doubt that will be true when a manager, even a BA manager, has a pilot in front of him and can easily use this psyco.testing to be rid of him, or hound him to an early grave.

The sequence of 1 Psyco report. 2 Ground him. 3 Refer to medical dept 4 Further medical report 5 Hand over the pilot to personnel dept. 6 Resignation or termination.
I believe will become the sop for exit via the psyco route.